Elyos Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elyos Legion

Welcome new members!

GalleryPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion Empty
PostSubject: Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion   Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Someone on youtube sent Aionprincess a message. It is an invitation to contribute to a wiki page for Aion. If you have access to the youtube account, please check out the message. He gave his contact info in the message as well if you guys are interested.
Back to top Go down
Jessmo
VP
VP
Jessmo

PostSubject: Re: Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion   Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:44 pm

What makes you believe him?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aionprincess.webs.com
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion   Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

I don't know >> seems legit haha. If you don't want to join it that's fine. Razz I didn't even think it was some scam.
Back to top Go down
Jessmo
VP
VP
Jessmo

PostSubject: Re: Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion   Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:39 pm

I responded to him and asked if it would hsve any benefit to me, here's what he said. "Hello Jessmo!
I want to thank you first off for responding to my request for new editors, it is hugely appreciated.  In regards to participating in the wiki, I think it would be a good idea to start (at first at least) with just yourself.  Your legion could pass along to you any of their contributions which you in turn could put into the wiki. 

In regards to benefit to yourself, we would at first give you a full access account to create content on the wiki.  Also, we would name you as one of the TheAionWiki's core contributors.  Eventually, if the wiki becomes reasonably popular and makes a few $$$ from advertisements (wiki's generally aren't money makers - just knowledge aggregators) my team will be buying our editors and contributors of note paid subscriptions to AION (i.e. 3 - 6 months subs paid by myself and my team).  That way we can reward those who make the effort to share their knowledge with the community as a whole.

If this is something you think might interest you, please let me know, and I'll set you up with a new account and let you start adding to the wiki!

THanks Jessmo!

Curtis
Principal
THEGAMENET

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 1:53 AM, Jessmin <galkajessmo@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,
I'm replying about the wiki, I was curious about if you wanted my legion in on this whole deal or just myself. Also would like to know is if I do participate in thid wiki, what's in it to benefit myself?

Thanks, Jessmo
Back to top Go down
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion   Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:21 pm

You decide if you want to use their wiki or ours. We could continue with ours and just copy and paste what we have onto what they have. I also thought that this might be a chance to get our name out there. Once their wiki is popular our name is credited as one of their contributors. If it succeeds we get free subscription to Aion as well.

Other side, if it does not succeed, we still contributed and had the experience of making a guide. We have our own guide page as a back up for resources, hence the copy and pasting idea.

My conclusion:

We get our name out there, which is what you wanted.
We have nothing to lose from what I see.

I quote Randy Pausch [not word for word]

We get the experience if we don't get what we wanted.
Back to top Go down
Jessmo
VP
VP
Jessmo

PostSubject: Re: Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion   Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Ok, I'll give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Jessmo
VP
VP
Jessmo

PostSubject: Re: Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion   Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:52 pm

This just in,

hey Jessmin!

I am thankful that you are willing to help out with the Aion wiki! We have a goal of becoming the go to source for all things Aion and your contributions will be huge I'm sure. In regards to your Legion contributing, if they are the kinds of individuals that would like to contribute as well then we can open up accounts for them as well. We'd be happy to.

Please note that I have cc'd my colleague Sean who is right now working out which of the platforms we will be choosing for our wiki (we are divided between Mediawiki and the newer googlesites application like we have at www.evonypedia.com).

Once we have a final decision in place, you and any of your interested legion members will be a greenlight for the wiki.

We appreciate your willingness to roll with the Aionwiki!
--
Curtis Pyke
Principal
THEGAMENET
http://thegamenet.com/

Then several hours later he E-mailed again....

Hey Jessmin,

I spoke to our team and we have decided that we can actually create a legion account that will give you a user name / pw that you can distribute to all the members in your legion that you see fit. This way everyone can kinda put in their thoughts and strategies and tips etc etc. and it will also serve as a hub of info for your legion.

Similarly, we will recognize your legion on our list of legions that have signed up with us and give you special kudos on our wiki. If you are recruiting for example, we can make special note. Also, if you ahve completed unique things, we will note it for the aion community at large to see.

Hope this helps.

--
Curtis Pyke
Principal
THEGAMENET
http://thegamenet.com/

Anyone interested in doing this let me know.
Back to top Go down
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion   Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:06 pm

Sounds like fun to me! Seems like a good place for Aionprincess to be in. I should go contact him as well if you are interested in carrying on with the wiki stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion   Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invitation to contirbute to a wiki page for Aion
Page 1 of 1