Elyos Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elyos Legion

Welcome new members!

GalleryPortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inSearch

12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] Empty
PostSubject: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:24 am

Here is a bit of information of the Lords of Aion. Which will presumably be the names of the Servers as well. got this from
http://my.mmosite.com/floatcloud/Blog/Item/1246836a8cf1f20f2eea2ea438779550.html

Good little side information ^^ Also vote for a nice server/lord we want to play in. Post ! Make comments! Anything Very Happy

12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] Aion1

12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] Aion2
Back to top Go down
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 6:40 am

Ok. As Brigade Generals of this lovely legion, I would like to announce that our legion shall join the populated server. This is [theoretically] the top of the list. This is, of course, only applies if the server list is set at a default listing which is the same for everyone. What I am guessing is that Siel and Israphel will be the top two servers since they are those who sacrificed themselves and such before the explosion of the tower.

Reasoning:

We have more people in our world and so it will be a nice selection of people to put into our guild. It will be easier to form alliances and such.

Economy will hopefully be better. With an open auction house and lots of competition, prices will stay average.

More people means more chances of our side taking down Dreadgions in Abyss. [big dragon things]

More people will be working to taking over fortresses and hopefully Balaur is held off by either PC race.

There are downsides: Lag issues, over-population

Massive competition for boss mobs and other stuff. [Claim system is based on damage...]

Areas cluttered with people.

And so on...

The other side: Low population servers

Not many people to play with. [millions of players however... I think every server will have its own good number of people]

Is it possible to have an empty server? [not absolutely empty] A server where there are areas that are completely void of PC activity most of the time. Is that a good thing ?

No competition? Will that make the game more fun or boring?

I'm pretty sure these things are very unlikely to occur. With a good number of incoming players and perhaps more once they advertise the game in its later months, there may be enough people to fill up each server.

======

These are just my own views and understanding. Feel free to tell me what you know. Please give some ideas about the servers and what you think would be the best environment to set-up our camp.

Browse the web and find out what you can. Tell me what you think. The server will be our home and I want it to feel like home to everyone. It's easy enough to make a character in a different server. I want everyone to feel comfortable to where we choose.

Let luck be on our side. With servers fresh and new as the game opens, none of us really know what will occur. Give me your best guess is all I ask.

Thank you,
B.G. Blaze.

::I'm liking the title >.>::
Back to top Go down
Richie
Centurion
Centurion
Richie

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:16 am

Yes server 1 is best cuz were number 1!! YEAH Mad
Back to top Go down
Richelle
Centurion
Centurion

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:21 am

I want the one with the prettiest name since none of them are close to eggplant's name.
ahahahahah
Back to top Go down
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:03 pm

Anyone with a real reason?
Back to top Go down
Kaiser
Centurion
Centurion
Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Imo the a middle ground server will be better suited for us. I understand your reasoning behind wanting the more populated server, to have plenty of people to choose from, but with more people comes just that many more ill natured ppl.

If you are concerned with the ease of doing missions in a less populated server, don't be. You and I both know, from experience, that accomplishing a challenging mission with less than desired resources can be largely more fulfilling.

Also, as you stated, the competition is higher, and I believe that creates a more frustrating environment for the casual gamer. The kind of gamer that can't afford the devotion needed to understand game logistics at the same lengths the hard core gamers do.

All in all just an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Server choice still open for discussion Razz we'll make a decision once it's close to retail. I get that idea. Overpopulation in the beta also caused me some lag. Perhaps that is just the beta servers I hope.

Richard said:

since you wanted the middle, we can go to 2 or 3.because 6 divided by 2 = 3!!

========

Good point there Kaiser. All opinions and again these are all based on speculations and theories from observing servers from other games.

Of course we can only guess if this will occur in Aion as well.
Back to top Go down
Jessmo
VP
VP
Jessmo

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:02 am

I agree about the whole middle grounds idea. I think a server with a high amount of people for epic Abyss battles would be awesome and so forth but, there is a down side to having a high populated server, as we all experienced with Siel this past weekend. The server was crashing, who wants to be on a server that's down all the time. So the whole middle ground thing just seems balanced in my own opinion. This will give a good amount of players, but give us room to do as we want with a small group. I just feel it'll give us smoother game play, and more rewarding to do our own thing as a legion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aionprincess.webs.com
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:40 am

Does Server 3 sound good for everyone? This might just be what everyone wants according to the theory of server population.
Back to top Go down
Jessmo
VP
VP
Jessmo

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:35 am

How do you know how popular a server will be?
Back to top Go down
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:27 am

I don't. Like I said there is no real way of seeing what the future holds. I searched forums and people are saying that usually the first server is where most of the hardcore gamers and legions are going to play. I also said that it is just based on this theory stated above. We played FFXI, which had a completely different server system. Other games I have played, mostly free mmos, had most populated server at the top. These are usually the "PvP" servers. The more casual servers are at the bottom, labeled "RP server."

It is just a general mindset, and a general setup on how gamers do it. [According to what I observe]

So yeah it is fresh server for everyone, we'll be part of the first group of people rushing in. All will be empty at the start. What I hope to do is to avoid tons of trash talkers and ass holes. This is the same as Kaiser's idea. They will always be present, but most of the really competitive ones will be in these so-called "PvP, hardcore" servers.

We are a casual guild who have members that I know will go hardcore. We also have members that will be more of a casual player. My mission is to build a compromise between the two and make it work. We will of course play the game for fun and we will achieve our goals as long as we set our mind to it and keep cooperation.

Getting off track here, but I'll keep it there.

To answer the question "how do I know how popular a server would be?".

I just browse through forums and finding out what people say and suggest. That is all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Richie
Centurion
Centurion
Richie

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:02 am

because 7 8(ate) 9!!
Back to top Go down
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Our server   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:44 pm

Our server for Open Beta, if it is up, will be Siel server. This will also be our server for the release.

Server and home for the Princess legion will be Siel. Speak your concerns and suggestions now.
Back to top Go down
Jessmo
VP
VP
Jessmo

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:44 pm

Siel is going to be a popular server, are you positive you want that.
Back to top Go down
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:45 pm

Yes >=o
Back to top Go down
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:18 pm

ok.... unlocked the forum haha XD

If problems persist with Siel server and its over population with the server crashes throughout the open beta week. I would like to move the Legion to Vaizel or Baizel Server.

I got 4 Blue screens from Aion today [sunday open beta start]. I've been through the forums and others are getting blue screens as well or lag or any type of problem. I understand it's a test server.

So far the servers that are on "HIGH" status are : siel , israphel, machutan, and zikel.

Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Jessmo
VP
VP
Jessmo

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:24 am

I vote for Vaizel!

Edit: Baizel is my choice for he is the protector of rangers and assassins!
Back to top Go down
Braze
Brigade General
Brigade General
Braze

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Vaizel and Baizel are the same Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]   12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12 Lords of Aion [12 Servers]
Page 1 of 1